Lindseth Climbing Center and Noyes K2 Bouldering Wall
8,000 Square Feet
Anyone can learn to rock climb at the Lindseth Climbing Center.
Cornell students, faculty, staff, alumni, and their immediate family members and up to two sponsored guests
- Need only sign a waiver and purchase a wall pass to begin to practice on the wall.
- Cornell faculty, staff, students and alumni may bring up to two unaffiliated guest to the climbing center.
Former participants in our rock climbing classes, summer camps, group or private lessons
- Need only have a waiver on file and purchase a wall pass to begin to practice on the wall.
- Graduates of Climbing Lessons or group contracts may not bring guests.
Community and climbers outside of Cornell
- Begin to use the wall by first taking a "Learn the Ropes" or a short group climbing lesson or private lesson.
- Once you have taken a lesson at the Lindseth Climbing Center you will have everything on file that you need to climb at the Lindseth Climbing Center and the Noyes K2 Bouldering Wall during open hours.
- Note that the only payment method accepted at the Noyes facility is a student bursar account.
All belayers must past a Belay Proficiency Test.
- Note that belayers are not provided during open hours. If you have never climbed before and are interested climbing on rope, you'll need to schedule a climbing lesson. Your instructor will belay for you as you climb and teach you the skills necessary to obtain a belay certification at the wall.
STUDENT (Cornell or under 18)
|NON-STUDENT||CORNELL FITNESS CENTER and WELLNESS MEMBERS|
|30 Day Pass||$50||$65|
|Semester Pass (fall valid 8/20-1/31, spring valid 1/1-5/31), summer valid 5/1-8/31)||$110||$190||$30 add on|
|Annual Pass (valid 9/1-8/31)||$200||$350||$50 add on|
|10 Visit Punch Card||$80||$135|
|Shoe Rental||$5 per day|
|Harness/Belay kit Rental||Free|
Best Value: Students/Staff with Cornell Fitness Center or Wellness Membership can purchase a climbing add on for their children (under 18) for only $30 for the semester and $50 for the year!
There will be no Learn the Ropes on May 27 & 28
Learn the Ropes
If you are new to climbing or not affiliated with Cornell in any way you can start climbing on the wall by attending a Learn the Ropes session. Our experienced instructors will provide you with the basic techniques necessary to successfully and safely climb at the Lindseth Climbing Center.
The course fee of $35 includes:
- 2 Hours of Climbing Instruction
- All Necessary Equipment
- 2 Day Passes for More Climbing (shoes included)
Learn the Ropes Sessions are held:
Most Saturdays: 1pm to 3pm
Most Sundays: 1pm to 3pm
Most Wednesdays: 7pm to 9pm
Participants must register by 4pm on Tuesday for Wednesday Sessions and 1pm on Friday for Saturday and Sunday Sessions. Registration is accepted over the phone at 607-255-6183 or in person at B01 Bartels Hall. Payment must be in the form of a check, credit card, or bursar at time of registration. Any cancellation must be processed more than 24 hours in advance, and is otherwise non-refundable. To reschedule a missed lesson you will be charged half of the fee of your lesson again. Participants must be at least 13 years old or have an adult enrolled to participate with them. If you have any questions, please contact our Special Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn to Lead
If you are a competent and experinced top rope climber, you may be interested in taking your climbing to the next level by learning to lead climb. The new Lindseth Climbing Center is equipped for lead climbing at all levels. The class consists of two three-hour meetings, for a total of six hours of instruction. Top rope belay certification is required and we recommend you can comfortably climb at 5.9 or higher. All equipment is included in the course fee of $100.
To schedule a lead climbing lesson, contact our Special Programs Coordinator at 607-254-8255 or email@example.com at least one week in advance of your desired lesson date. Our Special Programs Coordinator will contact you to confirm your lesson date and time. Payment is due in full at time of registration. Any cancellation must be processed more than 24 hours in advance, and is otherwise non-refundable. To reschedule a missed lesson you will be charged half of the fee of your lesson again. Participants must be at least 15 years old to participate in a Learn to Lead session
COE offers climbing lessons for individuals and groups of all ages and abilities. Group lessons are an excellent way for friends or groups to begin climbing. Whether you are new to the sport wishing to learn the basics, or a seasoned climber wanting to take your technique to the next level, we can provide you and your friends the highest level of instruction with a great instructor to participant ratio. We can accommodate up to 40 participants and host birthday parties, scout troops, school groups, community organizations, and corporate groups all year round.
Our staff will meet you at the wall, review the necessary paperwork, outfit you with shoes and harness, and get you climbing.
- For 1 person: $45 per person (for minimum 2 hour lesson) + $25 for each additional hour
- Groups of 2-4: $40 per person (for minimum 2 hour lesson) + $20 per person for each additional hour
- Groups of 5-20: $34 per person (for minimum 2 hour lesson) + $17 per person for each additional hour
- Groups of 21-30: $28 per person (for minimum 2 hour lesson) + $14 per person for each additional hour
- Groups of 31-40: $26 per person (for minimum 2 hour lesson) + $12 per person for each additional hour
This fee includes instruction for your group and all the necessary climbing gear.
Set Up a Private Climbing Lesson for 1 to 4 people
Contact our Special Programs Coordinator at 607-254-8255 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance of your desired lesson date. Our Special Programs Coordinator will contact you to confirm your lesson date and time. Payment is due in full at time of registration.
Meet your instructor at the arranged time at the Lindseth Climbing Center. You will watch a 10-minute orientation video and sign a legal release, then begin your lesson.
Set Up a Group Climbing Session for 5 or more people
Contact our Special Programs Coordinator at 607-254-8255 or email@example.com at least two weeks in advance of your desired event date. Our Climbing Programs Coordinator will contact you to confirm your request and will send more information for the event.